Local dive bars, sports bars, salsa and grown and sexy fulfill resident needs
With so many nightlife options in the DC, Virginia, Maryland area, it's somewhat difficult to answer the oh so frequent question, "What are we doing this weekend?" That's why I've taken the opportunity to ask DMV residents that very question.
While some places were brought up more than once, there are a variety of choices that can and will satisfy your salsa, hookah, bar and foodie needs.
Jorge Bazan, DC transplant from Maryland:
Pam Sejas, currently residing in Alexandria, VA:
- The Park - The music is always good (hip-hop more so than anything) and the energy is great.
- Mad Rose (in Arlington, VA) - Very diverse and always hype. The bartenders are great and the DJ is never boring
- Cafe Citron - "I Love Salsa!"
- Josephine's - Young and modern. Perfect for 21-29 year olds (okay for older but it's more of a younger vibe)
- POV at the W - Grown and sexy.
D.C. resident Victor Manzueta's choices:
- The Pinch - Local dive bar; amazing food..cool bartenders.
- The Park - Good music and best wings I've ever had.
- Zeba - Latin night on Wednesdays..hookah lounge..chill local spot.
Cindy Juarez-Choza, currently living in Gaithersburg, Maryland:
- Madams Organ in Adams Morgan - Awesome in general, Madams Organ is unpretentious and plays decent music and when you're done, you're just a few steps away from Jumbo Slice
- Marina Cantina at the DC Wharf - Great pint prices, good food, and on the water! Watch out at the beginning of Spring because you can't walk around and you have to be a vulture to get a table!
Of course everyone has different tastes. The recent 21-year-old will want to go out-of-control while the 30+ year-old will probably want something a little more low key. However, the DMV area is full of something for everyone.
What are some your favorite places to visit?